8.06.2009

RE POST: Wife, Women, Friend Part 2 [Dana Gilmore]

RE POST:
I’m tired of-looking out my window seein shadows of youand I can’t hang out with my girls cuz I’m checkin’ my rearviewYou callin breathin’ all hard like I can’t hear youAnd every time I hit the club you just happen to be there too
All I ever wanted was to be with youBut when I needed youI had to compete with clubs, drugs, the streets and PS2Out all night chasing women with your weak-ass crewBut I guess when you’re in Rome you do as Romans doBut they go home alone just like youWishing they would’ve held on just like youProbably callin’ playin on phones just like youI’m so through dealing with ni**** just like youCuz I done had a few ni**** just like you
I had the ballin type that call all night keep claiming they coming thruI had the CEO that would bring me dough cuz he always had something to proveI had the so called God Man that thought he could do everything God canThought he was closer to God than the church manI had the meet me at the poetry spot down to earth manI had the niggah from the club who was only good for a f***And I had a street n**** who kept claiming he was down on his luckI had a player with no goals no heart just gameI had the 24 in the studio on his way to fameI had the control freak who thought he could keep me on a chainI had a ni*** that lied so much I don’t even know his real nameAt the end of the night, they all made me feel the sameI had a million things to loose and not a damn thing to gain
I told you I need you and your shoulders shrugI tell you I’m leaving and you call my bluffI say a million men want meYou say, they can have you thenSo when you beg for me to come back I tell you I got a manWhos not just my lover but my friendThe closest person to me so I call him my next of kinAnd know you think you own this but guess what, he put it inAnd represented for all men even those that act like boys, but we still call men
And to think you gonna fall in and feed me bullshit sprinkled with game on itBut when he hit it he wrote his name on itI was committed when he put his brain on itHe and I will parade these streets and I’ll be damned if you rain on it
Look I know you have your regretsAnd I’m not gonna throw it in your face ‘cause hell I wish you the bestBut him for you that’s like more for lessAnd I just can’t do itYou had your chance but you blew it.And deep inside I think you knew it was killing meBut silly me I couldn’t see the forest through the treesAnd I didn’t know I was cut so deep until I began to bleedI guess they left out all the snakes in the stories of birds n bees
So you can cry me a river n****, cry me a seaBut that’s the last time I’ll love a ni**** that ain’t got no love for me
-D.G

No comments:

Post a Comment